- Non Chemical Organic General Purpose Fertiliser.
- Up to 60 times improved growth performance than chemical fertilisers
- Slow Release – Bonds with the soil (reduced application)
- Natural Disease suppression
- Makes soil a carbon sink – naturally sequesters up to 50 times the carbon back into the soil (refer diagram)
- 21% Total Organic Carbon
- Lower overall cost to farmer than using traditional fertilisers.
- Potential opportunity for future carbon credits.
Diagram of carbon and nutrient flow in soil fertilised with traditional (NPK) fertiliser (left) and algaefert TM (right). When crops are fed with NPK fertiliser, soil microbes consume the soil organic carbon (SOC) stock directly, generating CO2. When crops are instead fed with Algaefert TM, microbes consume the organic matter of the fertiliser, adding to the total SOC stock and supplying nitrogen and phosphorus to plants indirectly. Note: The formulas given for organic nitrogen and phosphorus are general and meant to represent the range of organic forms of these two nutrients.